jillytees

Hi I'm Jill and I'm married to MarkT. I have 3 grown up sons and 3 small grandaughters. I was a dressmaker for around 25 years in my former life. Now I work on the main reception in a private hospital and enjoy a bit more free time.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Busy Busy

Hi everyone, well where did last week go then? I have been so busy that last week just disappeared without trace. The trouble with going away for the weekend is that all the work is still there when you get back! We did have a fantastic weekend though, very relaxing. For anyone who doesn't know, www.laterooms.com is brilliant for getting hotel rooms at knockdown rates. We were really lucky and got 1/2 price. The Vibrants were brill, the taxi driver nearly killed us all (twice), God white knuckle ride or what, and he wanted us to call him for the return trip!!!! I don't think so! We got a black cab back. Sunday we wandered round Richmond for an hour or so, then visited my aunt in Sheen, a couple of miles down from Richmond, and had coffee then Sunday lunch at a pub on Ham Common which is a very pretty place.Then on to anther aunt for afternoon tea. Yes Molly we do have it sometimes! The house moving saga continues, what a performance house buying is in this country. The original purchase fell through so was a complete waste of time and energy Grrrrrrrrrrr Anyway now we have started again with a different house so hope to move mid January. In the meantime we are surrounded by boxes and with Christmas just around the corner it's all getting a bit cluttered! I've been making my grandaughters fleece covered bean bags and also little fleece dresses and hats, Sooooo cute and cuddley, think I might start selling on ebay. Well guys I have just masses of paperwork to do so that's it for now. We are so looking forward to Sunday when we'll be meeting up with Marietta and Mikey and Rene again and GARY and STEPH who are coming over. So see you all very soon.

8 Comments:

  • At 5:12 pm, November 29, 2005, Blogger Fleur de Bee said…

    Oh we must have a cuppa when I come visit! And in regards to your post...you are most welcome to visit anytime, but I just may be THERE before you are here! hehe.

    I am so excited you all are meeting up and going to have a lovely time. I WILL be watching for sure!

    Have a beautiful day...I will try to avoid the crazy drivers like that one you had while driving my daughter to Ballet! he sounds nuts and a bit how my sister in law drives!!

     
  • At 4:07 pm, November 30, 2005, Blogger Gary said…

    Can't wait to see you!!!

    wrapping up stuff at work.

     
  • At 7:07 am, December 01, 2005, Blogger Marietta Zervou said…

    Are we all excited or what?
    I was checking the transport for Sunday.... don't ask!!!!
    No District line, no trains from where I live, hahaha.
    But I have a very reliable taxi company, nothing like what you describe, so it's solved....Don't mind paying a bit extra, I would walk on my hands if I had to, to see those guys!

    So see you there v. v. soon!!!!
    :-) :-)
    xoxoxo
    M

     
  • At 7:56 am, December 01, 2005, Blogger Tausha71979 said…

    Hi Jill!

    Oh I understand what you mean, by where did last week go! I don't even know if I was at half the places I thought I was..hehe..Thanks for the good hotel site, I can't wait to check it out..Hope that you are well

    Kind Regards,
    Tausha

     
  • At 7:01 pm, December 02, 2005, Blogger Fleur de Bee said…

    HI JILL! Sure hope you figured out your ticket situation!

    Have a lovely time!
    Molly

     
  • At 7:38 pm, December 02, 2005, Blogger Marietta Zervou said…

    Hi Jill,

    Just got home from work and found your message.

    DON'T PANIC, help is on the way...

    "Basement Jam:

    OCEANIC STUDIOS
    (GREEN GATES NEAR BEND)
    RANELAGH DRIVE,
    TWICKENHAM TW1 1QZ

    DOORS OPEN: 7.15PM
    DOORS CLOSE: 8PM

    Latecomers will not be admitted"

    See ya there!!!!
    xoxoxo
    M

     
  • At 3:38 pm, December 03, 2005, Blogger Dhruv Bhate said…

    Enjoy the basement jam!!! Wish i could make it...who would've thought people like us can come together like this (except Pete T. of course)!

    Keep the spirit going and have a great time tomorrow!!!

     
  • At 10:53 am, December 04, 2005, Blogger Marietta Zervou said…

    Lalalaaaaa!!!!

    I am soooo happy!!!!!

    I'm loving every minute of the day, as the song says. The preparation and the anticipation, the lovely weather today, everything.

    I'll go to Richmond early, I have a long way to go, so I might pop by the pub before the show. Are you going too?

    See ya!!!
    xoxoxo
    M

     

Post a Comment

<< Home