jillytees

Hi I'm Jill and I'm married to MarkT. I have 3 grown up sons and 3 small grandaughters. I was a dressmaker for around 25 years in my former life. Now I work on the main reception in a private hospital and enjoy a bit more free time.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

My Organic Weekend

Hi everyone, hope you all had good weekends. I have been down to Somerset to see my darling grandaughter and to celebrate her 2nd birthday. We had a lovely time and she loved opening her parcels and trying on her new clothes.We did playdough and reading and dancing and singing and her favourite game of playing with balloons. She'd never had them before so didn't know they burst if you sit on them!! They are a very health conscious lot so we made an ORGANIC birthday cake which turned out to be nicer than it looked.... yum We went to the park and played on the swings, (she's so brave!) . Later after tea I did the bath and storytime which was very cuddley and cosy. Then my son made us a lovely ORGANIC chicken casserole which was delicious, washed down with a couple of bottles of Non Organic Red ( my idea!!) and we all slept well. The next morning Daisy ate her breakfast and then half of mine. Then she got on with some serious playing while Toby and I hung the curtains I'd made. They've been decorating so I thought I'd help out a bit.. Then we all went off to an ORGANIC deli for an ORGANIC lunch, you know the sort of faded posh place. It was busy with public school boys having treats with their parents after the Rememberance Service, and older ladies with grey Not Permed Hair and corduroy trousers and fusty old cardigans that must have been expensive once.... Anyway the food was good and so was the people watching, (I love looking into other peoples worlds). I felt a bit sad as I drove away, leaving a part of my family to carry on their Sunday afternoon lives as usual. Ah well, I just popped in and it was a nice break.........

9 Comments:

  • At 8:57 pm, November 15, 2005, Blogger Marietta Zervou said…

    Hi Jill,

    What a beautiful little girl Daisy is. And what an apettite eating her breakfast and half of yours!

    You are very young for a grandmother. I can't imagine you... But then, my great-grand mother had a grand child when she was 39,(sh..., my age!) so there you go.

    In my opinion you are so lucky to have lived in a time when music was so great. For me it's touch and go: little bit of 70s and lots of 80s, which I liked. After that it's all bliax, bliax, bliax.
    Thankfully, I grew up listening to great music. My father's records of Sinatra, Nat King Cole and The Platters were the soundtrack of my childhood. Then my sister took over with her funky 70s soul. We own the original album with I Will Survive! And the original 45 of Waterloo! I wonder how much these are worth now... And then the 80s came and I became the house's music supplier.

    Ooops! I should be writing these on my blog, sorry, but if I talk about music, I get carried away.

    Kisses,
    xoxoxo
    M

     
  • At 7:38 pm, November 16, 2005, Blogger Fleur de Bee said…

    HI Jill I am so glad you had a good time! Sounds very...uh...................ORGANIC! hahaha!

    Nah I actually love picking out organic stuff from our local heath food store. It somehow tastes fresher, can't explain. BUT this girl is not too good for the regular chicken from the grocery accross the way! It's all going to the same place here :)

    Take care and have a lovely week. I will only be able to make the chat tomorrow a half hour late so you are most welcome. My daughter has Ballet until noon my time so I will join as soon as I can.

    Ta-Molly

     
  • At 12:30 am, November 17, 2005, Blogger JoeBoy said…

    What a great pic. I have enjoyed visiting your blog. Glad you had a good visit.

     
  • At 12:12 pm, November 18, 2005, Blogger Fleur de Bee said…

    Jill thanks for your lovely post on my blog! YES Better find him now than never. This is marriage number two for me actually. The first was nice but not nice enough! He was abusive!

    Thanks for chatting. You two are so darling to come to my chat. I love the support and MUST meet you both when I come over there, hopefully in Spring!

    Beautiful weekend! Hope yours is the same!
    Molly

     
  • At 10:15 pm, November 18, 2005, Blogger Marietta Zervou said…

    Hi Jill!

    Day 3 with no cigs, hurray!
    I'm fine, I'm getting a lot of encouragement by your comments. Thanks a million!

    Also, thanks for the spelling correction, I'm terrible! Neeeeiiiigh!

    Hugs
    :-)
    M

     
  • At 10:56 am, November 19, 2005, Blogger Fleur de Bee said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 3:15 pm, November 19, 2005, Blogger Fleur de Bee said…

    Hi Jill!

    Check your messages, both email and voicemail on your Mojoes machine!

    Talk to you soon! JUST LOVE YOU GUYS!!

     
  • At 10:47 pm, November 19, 2005, Blogger Fleur de Bee said…

    Got your message, tried to call back but it said your phone was turned off. You are most welcome to call me back if you can. It is only 4pm my time.

    Take care and we will talk soon!

    Molly

     
  • At 7:26 am, November 20, 2005, Blogger Fleur de Bee said…

    I am happy to report a certain blog has been removed completely!

    Now we can all enjoy our Sunday!
    Cheers,
    M,

     

Post a Comment

<< Home