jillytees

Hi I'm Jill and I'm married to MarkT. I have 3 grown up sons and 3 small grandaughters. I was a dressmaker for around 25 years in my former life. Now I work on the main reception in a private hospital and enjoy a bit more free time.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

This and That

Hi there everyone, I know, bad blogger, but there are times when there just isn't enough time! Today is NOT one of those times. Today I do have work but with spaces inbetween so I decided to make the effort. Southend was fab, meeting friends as well as watching Mikey and C C who were all amazing with their perfomances. And the weather was kind too, what more could you ask for? So what else have I been up to, well this and that, working of course which has been busy, it's the moving season. Trying to decorate, I now know there are at least 1000 variations of palest cream/ivory/magnolia/white !!!! But I finally found the right one ( I think? ) Also trying to set up the garden for now and future summers with climbing roses and clematis, I need to soften the boundries so that they become part of the woods beyond, but keep us sheltered as well. It's only a small space and so far hasn't ever been planted apart from grass so I have to start from scratch, which is good really as I get to choose everything, but it does look a bit bare right now. The weather has been lovely lately so we've also been out and about to see friends and family, celebrated my grandaughters Maisies 1st birthday, and had a great day when my mum came to visit recently. Now I want to introduce you to my niece Alice who has just launched her new card company,The Little Acorn Company. They produce beautiful personal stationery for all occasions, please take a look at her website; www.littleacorncompany.com and see what they do!

4 Comments:

  • At 3:48 pm, May 10, 2006, Blogger Marietta Zervou said…

    We will fix it!
    We will fix it!
    We will fix it!
    We will fix it!

    Yeah! What a night!!!!
    Mommy - is it mommy or mummy? I always think mummy is like the Egyptian mummies, lol - and I had a wonderful time and she's thrilled to have met you. She liked your jewellery!
    She wants to send you a postcard from Greece, so email me your address (email's on my blog profile)

    Will call you tomorrow for you know what ;-)

    xoxoxo
    M

     
  • At 5:32 pm, May 16, 2006, Blogger Gary said…

    Hi Jill,
    I think your friend has a really cool looking web site for those cards, what a great idea, I really like that effect of turning photos into illustrations. Cool stuff indeed.

    Am toiling away here on a tuesday. We had a nice Mother's Day with family on Sunday, have been writing lots of new songs. Seems I've had some great luck recently when inspiration happens, so I'm grabbing it while it's there. I have a new song that is recorded, but can't post it till after May 29th because it's for my Dad's birthday and I don't want him to hear it, but it's quite cool sounding, it's called "Bermondsey".

    Had a dream last night that Pete and Rachel hired me as their official web guy and I could spend 6 months (summers) in England. :-)

     
  • At 12:35 am, May 24, 2006, Blogger Metalchick said…

    Hi jillytees,
    I'm just visiting a few blogs I haven't been to. Hopefully you'll stop by my blog sometime.

     
  • At 1:32 am, May 28, 2006, Blogger Marietta Zervou said…

    Jilly, I'm baaack!

    I blogged all about my trip. Thank you so much for your wishes.

    I went to your niece's website, it is very good and I'll keep it in mind.

    Hope you have a fab Sunday,
    xoxoxo
    M

     

Post a Comment

<< Home