jillytees

Hi I'm Jill and I'm married to MarkT. I have 3 grown up sons and 3 small grandaughters. I was a dressmaker for around 25 years in my former life. Now I work on the main reception in a private hospital and enjoy a bit more free time.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Home and Away

Our lovely friends
We moved 2 weeks ago and are still surrounded by boxes, ( some of them have been packed for 3 years)! However all is well, apart from the oven doesn't work and the washing machine is a tad touchy. Oh and water from the shower leaked through the kitchen ceiling yesterday,( now I know why the kitchen lights keep flickering) and the new bathroom doesn't arrive for another week... But it is lovely to be in our own place at last and to be able to choose the way we want things. Today I forgot the oven didn't work and bought vegetables to roast, oh well.... Last weekend we went to a bit of a 'do' in Bournemouth, (on the south coast) and had a whale of a time with some friends from Norfolk and Sussex, we stayed 2 nights in an hotel on the seafront and it was beautiful. We even managed drinks on the balcony at sunset ! I made my first ever speech and even made my audience laugh, I quite enjoyed it actually and wasn't nervous at all. I really must be getting old..... The girls singing was far better than the guys who were all far to drunk!!

Mark sang with the band though, completely unrehearsed, and I was so proud of him, he was brilliant.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:47 am, March 07, 2006, Blogger Fleur de Bee said…

    Hi Mum Jill,

    Was it wise to move when everything is falling apart? LOL you continue to make me crack up! Your own place is such a haven isn't it! We can't wait for ours to be finished! We are in a place that is "MINE" not "OURS". So I totally understand needed to marry the two lives in a neutral place and create memories there! How wonderful.

    Beautiful pics! I am so happy for you both!!
    XXXXXX-Molly

     
  • At 10:12 pm, March 30, 2006, Blogger Stephani said…

    O.K. I’m a slacker…so sorry to be away so long. I’ve read through and caught up on all your goings on. What fun!!! Work has been over the top busy, rolling in around 8PM every evening and out again at 7:30AM. Gary doesn’t even ring my cell anymore to see when I’ll be home for dinner. Oh well, better to have a busy, successful business than not.
    You’ve probably heard that we had a California Bloggers lunch last Sunday headed by Ms. Ballerinagurl herself. It was a great time and so lovely to meet everyone.
    We are going to the Mountains for a long weekend after Easter for my father’s 70th so that will be a nice break, though there will be 19 of us in one house yikes! ~ Lots of games, hikes etc. Hoping there will still be some snow for the kids.
    Well I must get back to work. Hugs to you and Mark.
    Ciao Bella!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home