jillytees

Hi I'm Jill and I'm married to MarkT. I have 3 grown up sons and 3 small grandaughters. I was a dressmaker for around 25 years in my former life. Now I work on the main reception in a private hospital and enjoy a bit more free time.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Christmas

Hi everyone, at last I've got time to post! Well we have been so busy since BJ, I've barely managed the odd comment. Last weekend we were up in Norfolk to see some of my family, especially my mum who is 83 and seems to shrink every time I see her.We had a good time and caught up with all the news from my old home, and we did the Christmas lunch bit etc. Also I saw my sister, my niece and my great niece, 4 generations of women, very powerful! This week I've had a great night out with my girlfriends, then on Friday with Marks company, a wonderful riverboat cruise/dinner/disco on the Thames from Tower Bridge to the Thames Barrier. It's so beautiful at night when all the buildings are floodlit, then last night we were out to celebrate a friends birthday at The Latin in the Lanes which is my favourite Italian restaurant in Brighton. Anyway I've done our tree at last and it looks so pretty, I change the colours each year (it's a girl thing). There's only one thing that never changes and thats THE FAIRY. She is 50 years old and actually started life as an ordinary doll when I was 3 years old. I was brought up quite strictly post war time and we were taught to look after our toys,so she has survived, much loved but in good condition. I'm not sure when she was promoted to FAIRY status, probably when I was 9 or 10. She's been making her magic for a long time though and has had the occasional new dress along the way. This year she was looking a little faded so now has not only a new dress but new wings too! Well thats it for now, have a great week!

4 Comments:

  • At 4:59 pm, December 19, 2005, Blogger Gary said…

    Hi Jill,
    Thanks for your well wishes. I'm back to work, getting better.

    The photo on the blog was clipped from somewhere, not sure. Was actually sunny, but cold yesterday. We're getting a guy who can repair the leaky ducts and get our central heating working.

    Hope you and Mark are doing well and having a wonderful Christmas time.

     
  • At 12:41 am, December 20, 2005, Blogger Fleur de Bee said…

    Very beautiful tree. Yes the changing of colors is a girl thing for sure lol. I do it too! Same decorations but something added and switched around as to not get bored!

    Your doll is beautiful and she looks very Madam Alexander or Efanbee to me. Who is the maker? My Grandmother had in her house that was just sold a huge doll cabinet where we all donated our antique dolls or the ones just for show for her to display. I loved it. Perhaps someday in my home I can display the same.

    Have a lovely week leading up to Christmas! We are trying to have some sort of New Years Chat...Ric and I will arrange it. Just to meet up and say hello to everyone. Maybe there will be a loop we can all watch!

    Xoxox-Molly

     
  • At 1:31 am, December 20, 2005, Blogger Marietta Zervou said…

    WOW look at that tree!

    It's stunning, I love the decs, very elegant.
    The story of your doll/fairy reminds me of my mother's dolls. She still has all her dolls and they are in a very good condition.
    She loves them and she is very possessive!!!!

    I'm working long hours leading up to Christmas and it's ABSOLUTELY MAD! Today the phones started ringing BEFORE we opened.
    I'm finishing my blog about the ball (oh, if only you were there to watch...LOL!)and then off to bed.

    xoxoxo
    M

     
  • At 8:14 am, December 21, 2005, Blogger Fleur de Bee said…

    Oops I must not be well...LOL I jsut answered you back over on my blog! hehehe.

    Thanks for always caring it means a ton to me!!
    XX

     

Post a Comment

<< Home