jillytees

Hi I'm Jill and I'm married to MarkT. I have 3 grown up sons and 3 small grandaughters. I was a dressmaker for around 25 years in my former life. Now I work on the main reception in a private hospital and enjoy a bit more free time.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Be brave for 2006!

So here we are Christmas is over and New Year just a couple of days away. I was planning to tell you all what a great Christmas we had, because we really did have a lovely time and rounded the holiday off with a trip to the pantomime on Tuesday which was a splendid affair. But I know some people hate this time of year, so decided not to give a long report! I always feel very brave about this time, hopeful that good things are just around the corner,that somehow things will get sorted out, not just for my family but for all folk. Sometimes I'm right sometimes not, but I still feel BRAVE! Feeing brave seems to make me be brave so I can tackle all those jobs and people out there that I just know are heading my way!! ........... I know one good thing coming, we have a new baby due in the family anytime now who will be a very precious gift, especially as the parents have had IVF treatment ............. I've had some very sad Christmases in my past (although I never let my children know), but I always try to face the New Year with good hope and a brave heart, I think that to try and be positive and to pass this feeling on to others is the best way to start each New Year. So thats my memo to myself, be brave, be positive be honest and give lots of love! Blimey this sounds like a bit of a sermon, it's not meant to be, it's just how it came out, but I'll post it anyway 'cos it's what I'm thinking!

8 Comments:

  • At 10:31 am, December 30, 2005, Blogger Fleur de Bee said…

    No sermon at all! Fantastic post and I could read between the lines as well! We are hoping for a new addition to our family for Christmas next year or at least be pregnant by then. IVF would be the second thing on our list to getting pregnant so if all else fails then this will be our blog topic lol. Fantastic about the new little one! Such a blessing they are! I can't stop posting pics of mine she is so meaningful and such a miracle to me!!

    Take care and hope to chat with you and Mark next week. Perhaps next Sunday will host a chat...still making arrangements.
    xoxox-Molly

     
  • At 7:31 pm, December 31, 2005, Blogger Kid Ric said…

    Happy New Year to you and Mark my friends.

    "Chat after the New Year" will take place on Sunday January 8th 2006 at 2pm Mountain time at BallerinaGurl's. Will be inviting special guests so you never know who will show up and make our time more enjoyable.

    Peace, love and light.

     
  • At 10:04 pm, December 31, 2005, Blogger Marietta Zervou said…

    Jill, congratulations for the new baby!!!!

    And a truly exciting and happy all the way NEW YEAR!!!!

    Lots of love and kisses,
    xoxoxo
    M

     
  • At 1:21 pm, January 01, 2006, Blogger Fleur de Bee said…

    Oh how fun that sounded! I wish you both were closer to me so I could hire you for all my parties! Good entertainment is hard to come by and usually they make you rent out a certain hall to go with their contracts...lots of red tape! YUCK!

    Well Happy 2006. I am off to bed here soon. I still have some emails to catch up with and then sleep....zzzzzzzz

    Have a great start to your week!

     
  • At 6:43 pm, January 01, 2006, Blogger Gary said…

    Hi Jill & Mark,
    hope you both have a fantastic new year. Hopefully won't be too long till we meet up again.

    Cheers.

    Gary & Steph

     
  • At 5:39 pm, January 04, 2006, Blogger Fleur de Bee said…

    Yes those doggies are pretty bad. I don't think I would dare put somthing like that on a dog let alone leave the house being seen with them wearing it! LOL

     
  • At 7:56 pm, January 05, 2006, Blogger Kid Ric said…

    That's the spirit! Positive and brave.

    Congratulations on the little one. What a blessing.

    Thank you for reading and commenting on "The Journey" I really appreciate it.

    See you Sunday. Simon said he will join us. Maybe Mikey will also. It will be an excellent time I'm sure. Missed you guys last chat.

    Peace, love and light,
    Ric

     
  • At 9:54 pm, January 05, 2006, Blogger Gary said…

    Hi Jill, thanks.
    we had some warm Santa Ana winds sweep through last night and we can see featherlight long whispy clouds, and a perfect view of Saddleback Mountain as I rode to work today on the Vespa. That'll put anybody in a really great mood.

    Say Hi to Mark for me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home