jillytees

Hi I'm Jill and I'm married to MarkT. I have 3 grown up sons and 3 small grandaughters. I was a dressmaker for around 25 years in my former life. Now I work on the main reception in a private hospital and enjoy a bit more free time.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Norfolk!

I've just spent a few days in glorious Sheringham in Norfolk where I lived for 30 odd years just yards from the beach. The weather was perfect not as hot as the rest of the UK but just lovely. These photos were taken around 7.30am yesterday when the tide was on it's way out and the local fishermen were bringing in the famous Sheringham crabs. I saw a few old friends but spent most of my time with my Mum, helping her in the garden and going on expeditions to choose a microwave oven which at 84 is the first one she's ever had. Somehow I don't think she will use it, she doesn't have much faith in "these new ideas" as she calls them! Sheringham is a great place, a little sleepy perhaps but I'm glad my children were born and brought up there even though we've all moved on now.

9 Comments:

  • At 7:41 am, July 22, 2006, Blogger Metalchick said…

    Hi,
    That beach sounds nice! Are those crabs good to eat?

    Older people think that new technology is complicated to operate. My mom still can't operate the DVD player, and she doesn't use the computer at all.

    Have a great weekend!

     
  • At 9:06 pm, July 28, 2006, Blogger Marietta Zervou said…

    Hi Jilly,

    My bags are packed (almost) and I'm ready to fly...
    Spetses here I come!!!!

    As I said to Mark, I've got your address and will send you a postcard...

    Have a lovely rest of the summer
    xoxoxo
    M

     
  • At 8:56 pm, July 29, 2006, Blogger Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said…

    Hi Jilly!

    My husband and astute people call me Jilly too...thanks for dropping by my millery site, and THANK YOU for posting the lovely water front photos. I feel much cooler and summery now, sometimes air conditioning just isn't enough!

     
  • At 3:41 pm, August 11, 2006, Blogger Delbut said…

    Hey, jill. Apart from 3 fishermen, Norfolf looks empty.

     
  • At 7:04 pm, August 12, 2006, Blogger Delbut said…

    Hi Jill. glad to see you and mark got NY tix. sadly -or not so for other people -i will not be there. boohoo.

    Have a good one anyway.

     
  • At 12:19 am, August 14, 2006, Blogger Meg said…

    Your pictures are absolutely beautiful! That does look like a wonderful place to live and raise a family. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I live for visitors!

    Joes Pub and ITA will be a blast!

     
  • At 7:32 am, August 14, 2006, Blogger Anne-Marie said…

    Nice pictures, Jilly. I'm soexcited for you that you're going to NYC to see Rachel and the gang.

    Have fun!

    Cheers,
    AM

     
  • At 9:12 am, August 14, 2006, Blogger bookworm said…

    Hi jillytees,
    read you message you gave Rene.
    Look at this link:
    http://musicmikey.blogspot.com/
    It's change, but I dont't why.
    Nice pictures on your blog.
    All the best from
    Stefan

    PC: Please check my blog, if you have some time.

     
  • At 10:21 am, August 14, 2006, Blogger Fleur de Bee said…

    WOW What stunning pics Jill! I love looking at each one and can't pick a fav.

    I am actually taking time to comment this early morn. so I hope this finds you well. I left a question for you (and Mark) on his blog. So hope to hear back from you.

    Loads of kisses!
    XX-Molls

     

Post a Comment

<< Home