jillytees

Hi I'm Jill and I'm married to MarkT. I have 3 grown up sons and 3 small grandaughters. I was a dressmaker for around 25 years in my former life. Now I work on the main reception in a private hospital and enjoy a bit more free time.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Sunny weather and sausages

Wow it's been so lovely this last week! The weather has actually been good for about 10 days which is amazing in this country even in the summer. It's been an interesting week and I have been lucky enough to spend quite a bit of time working at home, so have been able to sneak some time in the garden in breaks from the dreaded paperwork. Last week we bought a cast iron chimnea which is very elegant and also VERY HEAVY !! The easy put it together in minutes instructions were seriously optimistic and had Mark sprawled on the lawn (sorry grass patch) it's not big enough for a lawn, for over an hour and involved a fair bit of swearing and 2 cups of tea.... And so to light it. hmmm not so easy either, however after some discussion and a bit of encouraging it eventually got going and by 9pm we were READY FOR THE SAUSAGES (appologies to any veggies out there). Not just any sausages mind, no, only Tescos Finest 2 packs for £3.50 yummy. Mark decided to take charge,well the first sausage fell through the rack and had to be rescued from a firey grave, brushed off and carefully placed back on the rack (the other way round). The same thing happened to the next 2, but finally we had 6 cooked sausages, slightly charred looking but totally yummy.We also had a VERY HOT chimnea that was just asking for more food, so, we cooked the other 6 and totally pigged out (sorry for the pun). I reckon with the charcoal and lighters our tea cost about 7 quid! Anyway it was fun and we'll definately get some more practice in if the weather stays fine.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:23 am, June 26, 2006, Blogger Marietta Zervou said…

    Looks like a very chic chimney indeed!
    I love the smell of BBQ. I have fond memories from my childhood, when we used to go to a friendd's house every Sunday and the smell would catch us from round the corner.

    As I don't have a garden at the moment, I can't have a barbecue of course, but when I get a house with a garden it will be the first thing I buy.

    Hope you get the hang of it soon and enjoy your delicacies. If you come to London on a Saturday, go to Borough Market and buy some chorizo sausages. They're hot and spicy and absolutely delicious! ::drooling::

    See ya hopefully in Hyde Park
    xoxoxo
    M

     

Post a Comment

<< Home