jillytees

Hi I'm Jill and I'm married to MarkT. I have 3 grown up sons and 3 small grandaughters. I was a dressmaker for around 25 years in my former life. Now I work on the main reception in a private hospital and enjoy a bit more free time.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

My Sunday

Well we decided to give ourselves a day off today, we've both had a really busy week and I have the biggest backlog of paperwork ever. But no matter, not today anyway, the sun was shining so we were up early and off to Worthing at 8.30. the drive was lovely everything is so green and fresh. Worthing is a lovely resort on the south coast and much quieter than Brighton, I spent many childhood holidays there. Anyway we walked a long way down the prom, the sea was calm, the tide was going out, the sun was warm on our backs. Then on the way back we stopped at an hotel and had yummy full English breakfast sitting on their terrace overlooking the sea. This may all sound a bit trivial, but you don't get too many days as perfect as today in England. Later we walked back through the town and did some shopping then popped in to see Marks brother who lives nearby. Even later we came home and went for a very long walk in the woods backing on to our house and discovered some beautiful spots we haven't come across before. Finally home for a cold beer and a little supper. ....perfect day

2 Comments:

  • At 2:45 am, June 08, 2006, Blogger Fleur de Bee said…

    Sounds just smashing! You look so beautiful!!!!

    http://spaces.msn.com/theballerinagurl

     
  • At 10:25 am, June 10, 2006, Blogger Marietta Zervou said…

    Yes, Jill, we don't get days like that in the UK very often...
    When the sun is shining though, this is such a beautiful place.

    Its my turn to do this and that today, plus I'm working tomorrow.
    I have to control myself and do some housework(but no cigarettes, lol)because I am TOO EXCITED about the coming Who gigs...

    Have a lovely weekend
    xoxoxo
    M

     

Post a Comment

<< Home