jillytees

Hi I'm Jill and I'm married to MarkT. I have 3 grown up sons and 3 small grandaughters. I was a dressmaker for around 25 years in my former life. Now I work on the main reception in a private hospital and enjoy a bit more free time.

Monday, January 01, 2007

2006!! -- 2007!!

First of all A Very Happy New Year to all our friends in Blogland. It's been a fantastic year for me starting with the birth of my 3rd grandaughter in January and buying our house in February. We have travelled to Tunisia, Turkey, New York, Vancouver and California. We saw some amazing and beautiful scenery and met some equally lovely people. Best of all we got to stay with two very special people, Gary and Steph, they are truly good friends. Then there were Rachaels gigs and The Who concerts, meeting bloggers from around the world and Mariettas blinner! Summer in England this year was long and hot which is very unusal but the end of the year has been rain, rain and more rain! At the beginning of December we went to Norfolk to celebrate an early Christmas with my mother, sister, nieces and extended family. Christmas was busy with 14 family and 1 black labrador squeezed into our little house with people sleeping on sofas and airbeds, but it was fun, and to have all my sons, daughters in law and grandaughters together was so sweet. The autumn saw the passing of my dear aunt in October, she was a lovely, kind and generous lady and I miss her. Then sadly Marks mother passed away 3 days before Christmas. Although she was only poorly for a couple of days, her quality of life was poor as she had had dementure for several years and was unable to do anything for herself. So in a way it was a blessing for her and she passed very peacefully with Mark and I at her side. Last night, New Years Eve, saw us providing the lighting for a rock band called The Bite at a party for around 180. A very lively celebration and a very late night 4am bed! So what of this fresh New Year 2007? Well I hope to find a new job soon, as always I'm excited and optimistic that that everything will fall into place and if it doesn't then we'll work it out. Also I'm hoping that Gary and Steph will come to visit us, we miss them loads. I'm hoping that Marks guitar playing will improve and that he and Gary will write a song together. But most of all I'm hoping for love, peace and good health for my family and friends.

6 Comments:

  • At 3:26 am, January 07, 2007, Blogger Stephani said…

    I recognize that photo, there’s no mistaking that blue velvet… What a lovely post, the feelings are so very mutual. We miss you loads as well. Am going to see the movie “The Queen” tomorrow with my mom and grandmother and wish you were here to join us. Will try to get my new years post up as well this week, as usual it’s been a while. We’ve got a couple of weddings (one that I am very involved in orchestrating) this year, but we’ll see if we can make it over in `07 or maybe early `08.

    I didn’t know you were looking for a new job. Good luck with the search, it should all fall into place.

    Gary and I are simultaneously typing to you to see who gets to post first.

    So, again happy new year and enormous hugs to you both.

    Love,

    Stephani

     
  • At 3:37 am, January 07, 2007, Blogger Gary said…

    What a lovely post. Thank you Jill. It was an honor having you as our guests.

    It would be very cool if Mark and I can finish up that song and do it via the Internet, I think that would be a major coup. The backing track is sounding quite nice so far.

    It would be really great to come over to the UK again soon.

    Happy New Year to the two of you.

     
  • At 4:30 pm, January 07, 2007, Blogger Marietta Zervou said…

    Hello sweetie,

    Finally, got some free time to visit blogs...In between housework, laundry, Sainsbury's and watching Celebrity Big Brother (what a loser, I know! LOL)

    I am sorry to read about Mark's mum, give him a hug from me...

    Hope this year is fab-tastic, with more of Rachel's gigs here in the UK and a couple of Who concerts too!
    And my best wishes for your job hunting!!!

    Lots of love,
    xoxoxo
    M

     
  • At 8:36 pm, January 07, 2007, Blogger Anne-Marie said…

    Hi Jill,
    good luck with the job hunt and all the best for 2007 to you and Mark.

     
  • At 8:55 pm, January 18, 2007, Blogger Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said…

    Best wishes on job hunt. A great job is such a joy, well worth hunting for.

     
  • At 5:46 am, January 29, 2007, Blogger Metalchick said…

    Hi Jillytee!
    It was very nice to meet you guys! That's so cool that you got to meet bloggers from around the world, I hope to do the same thing in the future.

    Hope all is well for you.

    Take care.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home